Share It

Monday, May 12, 2014

Re-Draft

Next, I was interested in going through the draft picks and re-drafting
based on what I would've done. Should be a mess, right?

28. It's hard to not say Benjamin. He wasn't on my mind at the time
(though, I was only looking at twitter, so I wasn't certain at the time
who was really available), but if it were me, he's someone I'd take over
Marquise Lee. I loved Jordan Matthews' game but knew he was too far
down (ended up going 42, not far after Lee).

Morgan Moses (who went at 66) had been on my mind, and I might've jumped
on him, but I'd started to lose some confidence in him. I didn't want
Cyrus Kouandijo (went 44), and while Joel Bitonio was fine (#35), he was
too late a riser.

60. Probably Ealy, honestly. I would've been somewhat OK with him at
28, so this is fantastic. I was thinking tackle with this pick - Moses
(again 66), Billy Turner (67) or even Tiny Richardson (not drafted). I
didn't find WR that big a need, but in retrospect, it would've been nice
to possibly get Donte Monrief if they did double up; I'd started to want
one of the various corners. I remember TE being maxed out by now.

92. Turner was definitely not on my radar. I would've been fine with
him and am, but I was thinking corner (Keith MCGill, 116; Ross Cockrell,
102) or tackle (Richardson/undrafted - it's worth noting not only did he
go undrafted, only one OT went off the board between 92 and 128, Michael
Schofield).

128. If you're not picking Turner at G, and had (or had not) added a
tackle above, I liked Dakota Dozier here. I'd have also wanted Pierre
Desir to fall one spot for CB.

148. I wouldn't likely have traded up for Benwikere, given I didn't
know him. Antoine Exum was the 'big name' left but he was not what I'd
have called a good fit. Jordan Zumwalt might've been interesting at
LB. Having given up by now on Richardson in all honesty, and though
Seantrel Henderson was out there, I had significant concerns about him.
I still liked Laurent Duvernay-Tardif at OT.

204. I have no reason to not like Gaffney. I don't care about Michael
Campanaro. The team really didn't need a DT, but I'm sure I'd mentioned
Daniel McCullers earlier than the end of the 6th, which is where he
went.
Post a Comment