Share It

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Now What? An Early 44 Look

With Star Lotuleilei off the board and on his way to Carolina, the first round is slowly ticking off.
(By the way, I love that new GM Dave Gettleman waited less than 30 seconds to be on the clock and decide.  It took me off guard, and it's the first time in team history they actually picked the guy I wanted).


  There have been a few surprises since - like Sharrif Floyd falling, and EJ Manuel being picked by the Bills.

But, a lot of my 2nd round ideals are still there.  My targets are intact.

But the OL has taken a hit.  Larry Warford and Barrett Jones are there, but it's hard to say there's a lot else. Tackles have gone.  Terron Armstead (Ark Pine Bluff) is the next guy, and he's a project.

The DTs took a hit, but now Jesse Williams is the lone remaining first round-type DT left.  I don't know that they'll take another DT, but Ron Rivera did say on his presser that they quietly might still look for a young 3-technique.

At CB, 4 guys have gone (Milliner, Rhodes, Hayden, Trufant).  Johnathan Banks makes a lot of sense at 44.

There's actually been a short on receivers - only Tavon Austin (and TE Tyler Eifert) have gone (EDIT - now Cordarelle Patterson, mercifully, has gone so he won't be going to Carolina, either).   Eifert going keeps him off 44, but I don't know if Zach Ertz at 44 is right.
Post a Comment