Share It

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Walsh On Personnel

http://www.sportsxchange.com/DS97/walsh/WALSH2.HTM

Here's the late Bill Walsh on personnel.  It's a bit outdated in a place or two, but it's fantastic stuff.  There's no denying Walsh's legacy.

It being on sportsxchange.com reminds me back in 96, 97, 98 when there was just the most basic of information out there about the draft.  I'd pour over the same info over and over (I believe I created a fake franchise for expansion one of those years), trying to learn. The internet's come a long way in 15 years - you can now watch tape from players on youtube, you can watch interviews at workouts.  You can watch the workouts.  It's crazy how much more information is available.

I started really loving football when Carolina came to town.  Watching them build from the ground up was fascinating. This reminds me of that distant time.  Hope everyone finds it a good read.
Post a Comment