- Dante Rosario is quietly showing to be a good pass catcher and a solid addition for blocking at TE or FB
- Nick Goings is showing versatility as a return man in addition to being a good RB
- Jason Baker is still booming kicks, and coverage units look improved.
- LB play was solid in coverage and improved in open field tackling, and DL play was again solid overall.
- Mike Rucker returned from injury and looked solid in all phases.
- The team came out unfocused and looking uncoordinated, on their way to being embarassed against a potential playoff team
- Jake Delhomme regressed, throwing off his back foot and having problems protecting the football; David Carr didn't make much progress and had flashes of good play combined with bad decision making as well.
- The offensive line regressed, and while Ryan Kalil and Justin Hartwig had different roles, the rest of the OL looked mistake-ridden and overmatched as well. Recently demoted backup Jeremy Bridges didn't stand out amongst an undersized backup line.
- 3rd down conversion, just as overall production, declined significantly.